Saturday 11 January 2014

The Draw

The Draw


On 16th December the draws for the knockout phases of both the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League took place.  However, on the 5th floor of a London office, near the River Thames, a third arguably more significant draw was taking place.  I am of course referring to the ‘UK Cities Challenge that shall determine which City I shall visit first’ draw.  I decided on picking my first three destinations on this day as this would allow me time to research each location and make any suitable plans.  Placing each City on a folded piece of paper and calling on the aid of a trusty work colleague the first City to come out of the pot (a small trophy celebrating the runners up prize from the 2007/08 Wednesday Night Division 3 5-a-side football league – yes I was very successful in my youth) was Oxford.  This was quickly followed by Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and then Wells.  So there we have it.  Our first 3 locations have been decided.

1 comment: